We are an association of change ringers covering the Church of England's Bristol and Gloucester Dioceses. These cover the county of Gloucestershire and the north of Wiltshire, together with the city of Bristol.
Interested in learning to ring? We'd love to teach you! Read all about it on our Learning to Ring page which includes the answers to some common questions. We always need ringers and you would be assured of a warm welcome whether you're 9 or 90!
- November 18th 2023 The G&B Firsts Fortnight and Peal & Quarter Peal Festival ran for the entire month of October. If you have any Firsts to report there is still time to get them added to the list by your Branch Officer and see them here.
Any Peal and Quarter Peal performances submitted to Bellboard and linked to the G&B Peal & Quarter Peal Festival Bellboard event have been submitted for publication.
- October 5th 2023 The Association's Insurance Policy document has been updated following renewal of the insurance. This protects ringers when engaged upon Association business; see here for more details.
- October 4th 2023 Pebworth in North Cotswold branch has a new website. As well as details of the band and ringing times it also includes various ringing resources: learning methods, listening & striking and a decoder of ringing jargon.
- July 9th 2023 The Ringing World National Youth Contest 2023 took place in York on Saturday 8 July. This year there was only one G&B Team which competed in the method ringing category. While not achieving the best result the team gained valuable experience of competition conditions. The team and accompanying ringers also made full use of the open towers and other facilities.
- April 30th 2023 The unapproved minutes of the recent Association AGM are availablehere
- April 22nd 2023 The results of the striking competitions for the Penn (eight bell) and Croome (six bell) trophies held today at Warmley and Frenchay respectively are now available on this site.
- March 4th 2023 Voting for the Achievement of the Year took place at the Branch Officers' Meeting. The winners were Tewkesbury branch and the runners up Gloucester branch. All the entries are available here to view. Presentation of the trophies took place at the AGM in April.
- August 1st 2022 The latest edition of Cirencester Branch News is now on the branch's website. There are reports on the Ringing World RWNYC, the branch striking competition and the branch AGM. The many and varied activities that the branch undertook to celebrate the Platinum Jubilee are also in there; together with a list of all the peals and quarter peals rung in the branch. Finally there is a request by the branch chairman for all adult ringers to take the Church of England's basic safeguarding course. It can be done online and really only takes an hour!
- April 4th 2022 The latest edition of Stroud Branch Newsletter is now on this site. This features 'Fun with Bob Doubles', reports on various events, a proposed Advanced Practice as well as fascinating items on two of Stroud Branch's past ringers.
- March 18th 2022 The printable tower certificate, showing ringing times and a contact phone number, has been updated to add the What3Words destination and access information in addition to the postcode. Branches can download the certificate - in pdf - for printing out and displaying in the tower. It can be generated here although you will need a login.
- March 4th 2021 A check list to be carried out on the belfry prior to recommencing ringing has been produced by the Co-ordinating Belfry Adviser Malcolm Taylor. It helps to ensure that ringing can restart safely and with confidence that there is nothing untoward in the bell installation. Download it here. It is also available via the Association Information page of the Resources menu.
You are advised to check any events, either at the branch website or with the branch secretary, before travelling.Dec 2 : Gloucester branch, St Mary de Crypt
Dec 4 : Swindon branch, St Mark (tbc)
7:30pm Surprise Major Practice
Dec 5 : Tewkesbury branch, Beckford
Dec 6 : Chippenham branch, Chippenham St Andrew
7:30pm Surprise Major Practice
Dec 9 : Worcester
Youth Team Outing
Dec 9 : Gloucester branch, Great Witcombe
Dec 11 : Swindon branch, Christ Church
Dec 12 : Cheltenham branch, Prestbury
7:30pm 8 bell Practice
Dec 12 : Gloucester branch, Hempsted
7:30pm Triples / Major Practice
Dec 15 : Cirencester branch, Fairford
7:30pm Practice, mulled wine and mince pies
Dec 16 : Chippenham branch, Marshfield
7:30pm Carol Service
Dec 21 : North Cotswold branch, Blockley
7:30pm 10 bell practice
Dec 23 : Swindon branch, Christ Church
10:00am Simulator Practice
Dec 29 : Bristol Rural branch, Frampton Cotterell (tbc)
2:30pm Mince Pie Practice