We are an association of change ringers covering the Church of England's Bristol and Gloucester Dioceses. These cover the county of Gloucestershire and the north of Wiltshire, together with the city of Bristol.
Interested in learning to ring? We'd love to teach you! Read all about it on our Learning to Ring page which includes the answers to some common questions. We always need ringers and you would be assured of a warm welcome whether you're 9 or 90!
Although nearly all Covid-19 restrictions have been lifted many towers have not yet returned to pre-pandemic ringing patterns. You are strongly advised to confirm any ringing is taking place before travelling.
- August 7th 2022 The Ringing Roadshow takes place on Sunday 4 September in Nottingham; to coincide with the Central Council meeting weekend. Further information is available here.
- August 1st 2022 The latest edition of Cirencester Branch News is now on the branch's website. There are reports on the Ringing World RWNYC, the branch striking competition and the branch AGM. The many and varied activities that the branch undertook to celebrate the Platinum Jubilee are also in there; together with a list of all the peals and quarter peals rung in the branch. Finally there is a request by the branch chairman for all adult ringers to take the Church of England's basic safeguarding course. It can be done online and really only takes an hour!
- July 3rd 2022 The Ringing World National Youth Contest 2022 took place in Exeter on Saturday 2 July. There were two G&B Teams; both in the call changes category. Despite a lack of experience both teams did well with team Concorde placed 2nd and team Meteor 5th out of 16 entries. The teams and accompanying ringers made full use of the open towers and other facilities. A full report with photos will be available soon.
- April 27th 2021 The results of the Six Bell Striking competition for the Croome Trophy and the corresponding part of the AGM minutes have been amended because Chippenham branch were represented by Corsham tower and not Chippenham, St Andrew as previously shown. Here are the amended results and minutes.
- April 4th 2022 The latest edition of Stroud Branch Newsletter is now on this site. This features 'Fun with Bob Doubles', reports on various events, a proposed Advanced Practice as well as fascinating items on two of Stroud Branch's past ringers.
- April 3rd 2021 The unapproved minutes of the recent Association AGM are available here
- April 2nd 2022 The Association AGM took place in a hybrid format on Zoom and at Horton Village Hall on 2 April 2022, starting at 4pm. In addition to the usual business the meeting elected a new Secretary in Fiona Hartley of Chippenham Branch and a Honorary Life Member in Richard Page of Leonard Stanley. Congratulations to them both. In addition the Association's Safeguarding Policy was approved.
- April 2nd 2022 The results of the striking competitions for the Penn (eight bell) and Croome (six bell) trophies are now available on this site. These competitions were held at Cromhall and Chipping Sodbury respectively and the winners were St Mark's Cheltenham and Bristol branch.
- March 18th 2022 The printable tower certificate, showing ringing times and a contact phone number, has been updated to add the What3Words destination and access information in addition to the postcode. Branches can download the certificate - in pdf - for printing out and displaying in the tower. It can be generated here although you will need a login.
- March 7th 2022 The 2022 Achievement of the Year competition has been won by Abson and Frenchay who received the Bliss Trophy. Runner up was the Swindon Ringing Centre who received the Littledean and Purton Trophy. The trophies were presented at the Association AGM, held this year on April 2 at Horton in the Wotton-under-Edge branch. All of the entries are available to view here.
- October 5th 2021 The Association's Insurance Policy document has been updated following renewal of the insurance.
You are advised to check any events, either at the branch website or with the branch secretary, before travelling.Aug 17 : Wotton branch, Berkeley
7:30pm 10 bell practice
Aug 19 : Wotton branch, Chipping Sodbury
7:30pm 8 bell practice
Aug 19 : Gloucester branch, Maisemore
7:30pm Surprise Minor Practice
Aug 20 : Cheltenham branch, Woolstone
Aug 20 : Forest branch, English Bicknor
7:00pm Branch Practice
Aug 22 - Aug 28 : Cancelled
G&B Ringing Summer School
Aug 24 : Cirencester branch, Meysey Hampton tbc
7:30pm Doubles Practice
Aug 27 : Bristol Rural branch, Syston
3:00pm Practice & Cream Tea
Aug 28 : Swindon branch, Christ Church
7:30pm 10 bell Practice
Sep 3 : Wotton branch, Tytherington
3:00pm Striking Competition
Sep 8 : Wotton branch, Cromhall
2:00pm Surprise Minor Practice
Sep 10 : Stroud branch, Leonard Stanley
3:00pm Ringing, Service, Tea, Meeting and Ringing
Sep 10 : Tewkesbury branch, Tirley
4:00pm Branch Striking Competition
Sep 10 : Swindon branch, Cancelled
7:30pm Support Practice and Meeting
Sep 10 : Gloucester branch, Longney
Sep 14 : Wotton branch, Berkeley
7:30pm 10 bell practice
Sep 15 : Cirencester branch, Chedworth
7:30pm Quarterly Meeting